Last week I talked about joining all of you amazing people on Periscope (my handle is @heathersdish) and then guess what? I totally failed on delivering. BUT! I have an excuse! After my phone flew off my car on the highway a few weeks ago I can no longer turn the camera around…as in the camera on the face of the phone no longer works. Womp womp. And let’s face it, Periscope isn’t as fun if you can’t see the person. So I’m hoping to figure either some fun ways to use it anyway or find a way to fix my phone.
This past week has been a doozy. I’m coming off of a weekend at the Arkansas Women Bloggers University conference, where I spoke twice and surrounded myself with tons of amazing women. As a die-hard introvert though? I’m worn out. I need time alone to really recharge and feel energized, and after a weekend away and then jumping right back into the week it’s been a little hard. Suffice to say I’m ready for the weekend!
I haven’t really made much for the blog lately, and you know what? I’m totally OK with that. Is that weird? I feel like the world’s worst food blogger…but maybe it’s OK to be in the middle of a season where I just cook food for my family and don’t take a billion stalker-style photos of it. Or maybe it’s not…but it’s what I’m doing, so there’s that.
Y’all, enjoy these links! They really are pretty stinking fantastic. And have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!
1. Is beauty purely a state of mind? This lovely article is so good. Just read it. (Thoughtfully)
2. ALL THE DENIM. I would rock every single one of these looks…and may just strive to do so! (Glitter Guide)
3. Why your morning routine matters. Mine is ALL SORTS of messed up after having a baby, but I look forward to a more routine routine soon! What’s yours?
5. I found this article SUPER fascinating: Did humans and dogs drive out the Neanderthals? Seriously interesting!
6. This made my heart smile. Such a beautiful picture, and to know that I’m living the same thing with my boys…precious.
7. This is so beautifully said, and so reminiscent of my (almost) everyday. If I gave my boys a dollar instead of apologizing every time I’m wrong, they’d be some pretty wealthy kiddos.
8. On taking yourself out of the running. All the amens.
9. These 7 habits for a clutter-free home. Honestly? I struggle with all of them in some way or another, but I remember a time in my life when I DID these things and they really work!
10. I posted this yesterday on Instagram, and judging by your feedback it’s worth revisiting. I think I may do a longer post about it, but I’m so tired of hustle. Like, completely exhausted. And if you feel the same way, you’re not alone!