You guys. I honestly can’t think of how to even begin this post for you guys other than to say I had to text Nate yesterday and tell him to NEVER LET ME MAKE THIS EVER AGAIN. Because if there’s any way to guarantee a massive weight gain post baby? It’s leaving me alone with this goodness with my apparent lack of self control and sleep-deprived state.
In all seriousness though this recipe is STUPID good. Like, it’s just silly how amazing it is. You are literally just a few ingredients away from total bliss. I mean, guys? We’re talking bread with a chewy, crunchy, sweet, buttery crust. You can top it with cream cheese, marscapone, brie, or just devour as-is.
CANDIED. BREAD. If this isn’t waistline sabotage then I just don’t know what is, but I’m pretty much OK with it because it’s amazing. Enjoy!
HONEY BOURBON CANDIED BREAD
- 8 slices high-quality crusty bread
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- Spray a large plate with nonstick spray and set aside.
- Combine the honey, butter, and bourbon in a large heavy-bottom skillet over medium-low heat.
- When the butter has melted, stir everything to combine and then place the bread in the skillet.
- When the wet ingredients start to slowly bubble, turn the bread.
- It requires a teeny bit of babysitting, but every 1-2 minutes flip the bread slices over, making sure to allow them to soak up all of the wet mixture.
- Continue to turn until the bread starts to caramelize and the wet ingredients have all been absorbed into the bread slices.
- Place the bread slices on the sprayed plate and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Serve with cream cheese, marscapone, brie, or as-is!
Leave a Reply