Say hello to the first way I’ve ever eaten JUST tomatoes, ever. Granted they’re deeply roasted with some simply amazing flavors, but still – it’s a first I’m happy to embrace. Especially when I took these pictures and then promptly devoured the entire pan.
I’m not even mad. That’s amazing!
(name that movie)
See, it all started because my cherry tomato plant died from the weeks of hellishly hot temperatures July delivered. My eyes were bigger than my recipe at the store one day, and I overdid it on buying up some yummy grape tomatoes for a cassoulet dish. The cassoulet was yummy (it was this recipe which was slammin’ easy too) and then I had no other way to use up the rest of the tomatoes that were sitting lonely in the corner of the counter.
In an attempt to not waste money I threw together these roasted tomatoes, not sure how it would turn out, and I have to tell you guys that they are just so very good. Perfect on top of chicken or fish, tossed in a salad, or if you have zero self control like yours truly…at the end of a fork before it shovels them into your face.
- 10 ounces grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Place the halved tomatoes on a baking sheet.
- Whisk together all of the remaining ingredients.
- Pour over the tomatoes.
- Toss to coat.
- Roast at 425 for 25-35 minutes, or until the tomatoes are caramelized without being burned.
- Let cool slightly before loosening the tomatoes with a spatula.
- Serve warm and enjoy!