This giveaway is now closed & the winner has been selected and notified. Thank you for entering!
When it comes to eating well, I’m of the mindset that fresh is usually best, but the reality is that I’m a busy mom who just wants to eat well and feed her family well too. That means that I won’t always be willing and able to create every part of every meal from scratch, but I also know that it takes just a few minutes to take an already prepared and really delicious food and make it our own. I’ve been a fan of MorningStar Farms since I was at least in middle school; my mom would keep a few boxes of their burger patties in the freezer and I would have one for lunch a couple times a week. Then it was on a slice of white bread with pickles, mustard and American cheese (I’m totally drooling right now… hope y’all still love me!). Now it’s on a bed of fresh lettuce with Greek yogurt and tons of flavor! I think my favorite part of this meal is the sheer TEXTURE we have going on here. The burger is crisp on the outside, tender on the inside. The crunch of the lettuce, the fresh give of the tomato, the creaminess of the yogurt and the bite of the cucumber… it’s all here. And the fact that I can throw a fresh, healthy and inviting dish together in no more than 10 minutes? Well, I think that’s what we call winning y’all. The great thing is that they have so many fantastic options to eat smart – including Spicy Black Bean Burger, Mediterranean Chickpea Burger, Roasted Garlic & Quinoa Burger, Buffalo Chik Patty, and Original Veggie Sausage. With 30+ products and 600+ recipes, MorningStar Farms just has more ways to eat well! We’re not a meatless family by any means, but I love that when there’s a night where meat just doesn’t sound great, I don’t have to be bored. There are tons of great ways to get that protein in using any of the MorningStar Farms burgers! I’m not even joking when I say that I’ve had this for lunch or dinner at least 4 times since creating the recipe, and I hope you all enjoy!
- 1 package of Morningstar Roasted Garlic Quinoa Burgers
- 1 head of bibb lettuce (or another tender-crisp variety will work great)
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 of a cucumber, very thinly sliced
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 1/4 cup each of finely chopped basil, Italian parsley and fresh mint
- salt and pepper to season
- kalamata olives to garnish (optional)
- First, cook the burger patties in a skillet over medium heat, according to package directions.
- While the burgers are cooking, arrange the lettuce leaves in a flower shape on small plates with the idea that the burger patty will be sitting in the middle of the leaves.
- Whisk together the Greek yogurt, garlic and herbs, then season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Place a small dollop of the yogurt mixture into the middle of each pile of lettuce leaves.
- Top that yogurt with a few slices of cucumber.
- Place the burger on top of the cucumber.
- Top the burger with tomatoes and more yogurt sauce.
- Gently wrap the leaves around the burger patty and enjoy.
For a chance to win a $100 Visa gift card, leave a comment below letting me know which MorningStar Farms product you would most like to try for more ways to eat smart.
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 7/28-8/31/2014.
Be sure to visit the MorningStar Farms brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!