Whoa. Is anyone else flipping out that it’s December already? And trust me, I’m so excited, but I just can’t believe how quickly the holidays have already started flying by!
As we are entering this season I’m already thinking about some of the New Year resolutions and goals we’re going to be making around here. And by thinking about it, I mean we’re already putting stuff into action and making stuff happen. Things like getting healthier, spending less, giving more, reading more, pursuing our dreams. It’s a lot of work, this whole living a full life thing, and it’s 1000% worth all the effort – but I’ve found the key is to take it bird by bird.
Even though I had a wonderful partnership with Bumble Bee Foods this past year, it was hard sometimes for me to come up with recipes because I would literally just eat the tuna out of the can. Yes, you read that right – they would send me fantastic packages of flavored tuna, and I would just grab a fork and go to town. Despite clearly loving the product I would get a little lost as to what I could make with it that was outside of the box, not just another tuna noodle casserole, you know?
Enter Chef Scott Leibfried and his ridiculously delicious display of food at the Bee Squad lunch in San Diego. We had the most wonderfully crunchy, incredibly flavorful salad there – and the best part was knowing that the entire dish cost less than $10. Most of the ingredients I usually have on hand, which also makes it super convenient too.
Something that’s healthy, inexpensive, and absolutely delicious? Happy New Year to me 🙂 and to you too!
- 1 can (5 oz.) Bumble Bee® Prime Fillet® Gourmet Flavors Albacore Tuna with Chipotle and Olive Oil, lightly drained
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- ½ cup thinly sliced red peppers
- ½ cup thinly sliced yellow peppers
- ½ cup packaged rainbow slaw mix
- ½ cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 cup crispy chow mein noodles (I used toasted sliced almonds)
- 3 tablespoons miso ginger dressing (store bought)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and mix thoroughly. Top with additional cilantro leaves and toasted sesame seeds.
- This recipe was created by Chef Scott Leibfried for Bumble Bee Foods and the Bee Squad, and luckily I've been given permission to share it with all of you!