- Being married is FUN! I know that’s the idea anyway – that marriage is fun – but I feel like so many times people talk about how hard marriage is. And it is…hard that is. But it’s also the most fun I’ve had in my entire life. I tell Nate this all the time, but I have more fun every day and he gets even funnier to me every day. I love being with my best friend!
- Marriage is also hard. You go from being single and doing whatever you want to being married to someone, living with someone, loving someone with the intention of FOREVER. It can be kind of daunting and just like any relationship there are hard times. But working through those is also what makes it worth it!
- I’m kind of a brat. It’s true, and I’m lucky to have a man who is patient with me while I work through that. When we went through pre-marital counseling we were told that marriage is kind of like a mirror where you can see all of the bad parts of yourself. At first I thought that was totally depressing and weird, but I’ve come to find that it’s also true. I can see all of my junk, but I also have a partner who helps me work through it. So it’s actually not depressing at all, but encouraging to know that he loves me as I am, even when I’m bratty, but he also loves me enough to not let me stay there.
- Forever isn’t long enough. I can’t imagine life without my husband. Ever. And I believe that we have a once-in-a-lifetime love. And I believe that a lifetime isn’t enough time to love Nate as much as he deserves, but I’m so thankful that I at least get to try.
- It’s not about the wedding. Oh the days when all I was concerned about were the wedding details and making sure that we looked good on our wedding day. Don’t get me wrong, it was an incredible day and I loved every detail of it. Not to mention the planning wasn’t really that hard for us – we had a casual and fun wedding and really involved family that made it extra special. But the day came and went, and I found that what really matters is the relationship – the marriage. So if you’re getting married soon let me say this: have fun with the wedding planning, but know it’s not what really matters. When that day comes and goes make sure that you’ve taken the time to really love one another well, and then prepare to love one another well for the rest of your lives – emotionally, mentally, spiritually, physically. Oh, and make sure that you get really great wedding photos. Trust me on this.
Love you guys!
Leave a Reply