I am literally counting down the days til Thanksgiving dinner.
I know, I know, me and the rest of the country – but y’all? I have fought the urge to boost my SEO ratings by prematurely making and posting Thanksgiving recipes, and it’s so going to pay off on Thursday of next week when I devour platefuls of my favorite meal of the year! This may be the first year I’ve ever done that, and it will probably not be the last. Thanksgiving dinner is too good to not enjoy every bite!
Til then I’m working hard to eat healthfully, especially since my pregnancy sickness has waned enough to be able to enjoy almost all food again. Except for anything mint flavored and anything with corn. I know. It’s bizarre, but true.
One thing that I really missed eating for those 3 months of utter grossness was salmon. I’m a fish girl through and through, and I really missed the flaky goodness of a great piece of fish! That’s why, when SizzleFish contacted me about trying their amazing products I said yes right away. I love that it’s prepackaged, frozen and full of amazing nutrients – AND DELIVERED RIGHT TO MY DOOR. I really can’t imagine it gets much better!
So before we all indulge in big ways on Thursday, let’s make a super quick and super healthy dinner for our families! You’ll never miss the flavor and may even end up with a new favorite way to devour fish!
10 MINUTE BROILED BALSAMIC HERB SALMON
- 4 (4-6 ounce) Coho Salmon filets, thawed and patted dry with a paper towel
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broiler for at least 5-7 minutes until very hot.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and place the salmon filets skin-side-down on the sheet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Broil for 2 minutes.
- While the salmon is broiling, whisk together the remaining ingredients.
- When the salmon has broiled for 2 minutes, spread the balsamic mixture evenly on top of the filets.
- Broil for 4-5 more minutes.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Leave a Reply