Another recipe that’s not really a recipe per se, but just a fantastic combination of good ingredients. Isn’t that what a recipe is, though, at the heart of it all right?
In case you guys haven’t seen it, I have an Instagram account detailing all of my eats on a daily basis. It’s been great because it has challenged me to eat better and to eat more creatively with the food we have on hand! This toast is one of those byproducts, and it just turned out so pretty I couldn’t help but share. I love a good piece of bread, toasted to perfection, and spread with creamy cream cheese. Add some perfectly sweet sliced fruit and we’re in business!
I do make a note in the ingredients to try and source local raw honey if you can. Buying honey made close to you assists in immunotherapy which can help lessen allergies for some people. Plus, you get to support local artisans and businesses which is good for everyone.
The key to the fruit piece, though? Slice it super thin. Obviously I didn’t slice the blueberries, but everything else was really thin and made it so much easier to eat in the long run.
I hope you guys enjoy – this is such a beautiful meal!
RAINBOW FRUIT AND HONEY TOAST
- 1 piece bread of choice (I love Dave’s Killer Bread White Bread Done Right)
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt cream cheese (I used Green Mountain Farms brand), at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (or more if desired) raw honey (locally sourced if you can!)
- fruit of choice: nectarines or peaches, strawberries, blueberries, kiwi, pineapple, etc.
- Toast the bread to desired doneness.
- Stir together the cream cheese and 1 teaspoon of the honey.
- Spread on the toast.
- Thinly slice the fruit and arrange on the blank canvas of bread and cream cheese.
- Drizzle with remaining honey.