This post is sponsored by Florida Citrus; all opinions are my own.
The majority of my life these days is filled with thoughts that are consumed with the things that my kids eat, drink, say (or don’t say) and do (or don’t do). It’s a job that I enjoy almost all the time – because let’s be honest, I’m not perfect and neither are they so sometimes it’s hard. But I love being a mom to my two sweethearts more than just about anything else in the entire world.
You guys probably already know this, of course, but I have to share because it leads me to this: summer time is coming. And I know a few weeks ago I went on and on about how I was excited about summer; I still am. However, the reality of the fact that my boys will no longer be going to Mother’s Day Out programs is not lost on me. The few hours away to run errands, get work done, and take my weekly shower (kidding…sort of) are very quickly going to disappear before I start scouring Pinterest for “how to entertain my kids all the livelong day” ideas.
The one thing I know I won’t have to worry about is giving them an afternoon treat to ward off the crazy heat that’s actually good for them. These Orange Coconut Cream popsicles are filled with goodness – tons of Vitamin C, folate, potassium, and healthy fats – with just the right amount of sweetness from the Florida orange juice. I do add a little honey to the mix just to make it seem more dessert-like, but we’ve also tried it without and it’s still delicious.
So summer? While I may get a little nervous and frazzled at first, I’m positive we’re going to make it a great one…I’ll just have to make sure we keep plenty of popsicles on hand! I’ll also be keeping up with Florida Orange Juice where they have some really great ideas for busy moms and families on the go. In addition to providing a delicious product with a great nutritional foundation, they have some really great content for those of us with young kiddos to get through these hot summer months with fun and a little sanity.
ORANGE COCONUT CREAM POPSICLES
Makes 8-12 popsicles, depending on the mold being used
- 1-1/2 cups 100% Florida Orange juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk with the cream seperated
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, optional and as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 seedless oranges, optional
- Combine the juice and coconut cream in a measuring cup; add remaining liquid in the coconut milk can until the amount reaches exactly 2 cups.
- Add the honey and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until completely smooth.
- If using the fresh oranges for garnish, carefully peel them and slice very thinly.
- If using the fresh oranges for garnish, add the sliced rounds to the popsicle mold and freeze for 30 minutes before pouring the orange juice mixture in.
- Pour into a popsicle molds and insert sticks as directed.
- Freeze for at least 6 hours, or overnight.
- Serve straight from the freezer!
Would you guys like to win a beautiful goody bag of swag from the sweet people at Florida Orange Juice? Click on over to their site <<<CLICK HERE>>> and then leave a comment on here letting me know your favorite activity idea or recipe!