This post is sponsored by Florida Orange Juice, but all opinions are my own.
**THE GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED AND THE WINNER HAS BEEN NOTIFIED. THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR PARTICIPATING!**
The first time I ever had breakfast crisp it was a complete and total revelation. Dessert-y things for breakfast that are actually GOOD for you? COUNT ME IN Y’ALL!
Did you know that you can use Florida Orange Juice for more than just drinking? From sweet to savory, breakfast to dinner, desserts and snacks and everything else in between, this juice is such a versatile ingredient. I loved adding it as both a sweetening agent and flavor in this crisp – the orange flavor is a perfect pairing with the pears. We also regularly marinate our chicken in orange juice-based marinades, as well as make salad dressings with it. It’s truly an all-star ingredient!
I’ve tried several different breakfast crisp ideas since that first one, but I can say without a doubt that this version is by far the best. Partly because it’s sweetened naturally, partly because the flavors are just heavenly, and definitely because if you top it with a dollop of creamy vanilla yogurt it really tastes like dessert. For breakfast. I can’t get over it!
You guys, you have an awesome opportunity today to win a really fantastic gift basket! One lucky winner will win a big mess of goodies including a $100 gift card, cooking supplies, and lots of good stuff to get you and yours through the summer FLOJ style.
I want to make it super easy to win, so y’all? To enter this giveaway just leave a comment on this post telling me your favorite thing to do during the summer and/or what you love to do with your Florida Orange Juice! I’ll be picking the winner next Wednesday, June 14, AT 10PM CST!
NATURALLY SWEETENED BREAKFAST ORANGE PEAR CRISP
- 4 pears, peeled, cored and chopped into 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/4 + 1/3 cup Florida Orange Juice, divided
- zest from one orange
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1-1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oatmeal
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- vanilla Greek yogurt for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray or additional coconut oil
- In a large microwave safe bowl toss together the pears, 1/4 cup Florida Orange Juice, orange zest, dried cranberries, and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Pour the pear mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- In the same bowl combine the coconut oil and 1/3 cup Florida Orange Juice.
- Microwave for about 20-30 seconds until the mixture is warm enough to slightly melt the coconut oil.
- Stir in the oatmeal, almond meal, honey, cinnamon, sea salt and almonds.
- Evenly distribute the crumble mixture on top of the pears.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes until the top is golden brown and crisp.
- Allow to cool 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve hot or at room temperature with yogurt if desired.