So what’d you guys think of the candied bread stuff?! Pretty insane, right? I really can’t recommend that enough, especially with the weekend being, oh I don’t know, NOW. And if you’re looking for a little somthin’ somethin’ to put on top?
Well, friends, I gotcha covered with that one! The great news is this spread is not only great on candied bread, it’s heaven on bagels, smeared on pancakes, makes great waffles even better, and even works well on salted crackers. Heck, you could even dip apple slices or fresh grapes into this goodness!
Truth be told I haven’t really worked with marscapone cheese all that much, so if you’re like me and don’t always have it on hand a great substitute is cream cheese. If you don’t have maple syrup, a great sub is honey. And if you don’t have cinnamon? Well, I just don’t know what to say to that one. Maybe sprinkle a teeeeeeensy bit of nutmeg or ginger in to give it that cozy warmth that only spices provide.
Bottom line though? If you’re in the mood for making this weekend, make sure you make this spread so that you can enjoy it on e v e r y t h i n g! Enjoy!
MAPLE CINNAMON MARSCAPONE SPREAD
- 8 ounces marscapone cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, combine all ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.