This post is sponsored by @JimmyDean. All opinions are my own.
I don’t know about you guys, but I am a huge fan of breakfast for dinner. It’s so comforting and flavorful, and just plain fun to change up the standard dinner. Even more fun than breakfast for dinner, though? Is breakfast any time!
While we are big fans of waffles, pancakes, biscuits, and really any carb-loaded goodness under the sun, we are always trying to figure out the best way to stick to a low-carb high-flavor diet. It’s just what we’ve found that works best for us, which is great because things like high-flavor Jimmy Dean® Pork Sausage, fit perfectly into that kind of eating plan! And honestly, what’s food without tons of flavor, right?
I really love the way these low-carb pesto Parmesan egg cups fit into literally any time of day, but for us they make an amazing dinner option. They perfect little portions and most importantly they are absolutely packed with flavor. The leftovers can be easily reheated for breakfast, lunch, or a quick snack on the go!
Let’s talk a couple of helpful cooking tips:
- There’s no need to grease the pan before you make these, which is always a plus for me.
- Wetting your fingers slightly will help in pressing the sausage into the actual muffin cups. Just a little cup of water next to the cooking station will do wonders!
- If you have a large measuring cup with a spout then that’s a great place to mix up all of the ingredients and pour cleanly.
- After the egg cups have cooled for about 5 minutes is the perfect time to scoop them out. It is also the best time to actually start eating them too – just when they’ve started to cool slightly!
LOW-CARB PESTO PARMESAN EGG CUPS
Makes 12 cups
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Fresh Pork Sausage
- 8 whole eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared basil pesto
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Slice the sausage roll into 12 even pieces.
- Press the ground sausage into the muffin tin cups, making sure to press it up the sides and across the bottom of each muffin cup.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs, salt, pepper, pesto and Parmesan.
- Carefully fill the muffin cups, evenly, until they are about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until the eggs are set and slightly golden on top.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.