If it’s not one thing it’s always another, right? After our 2-1/2 weeks of sickness our internet went out this week citing an outage in the area and not being able to fix it until sometime today. That being said, I’m thankful for wireless hotspots to at least keep the wheels turning in my online business and blog!
That being said, internet outages are also a welcome change to force me to slow down. The past two days, after the withdrawals passed, we listened to music and made art and got outside when the weather was nice, and at the end of the day I didn’t feel all twitchy and weird wondering if I’d missed anything. A little lesson in letting go!
What are you guys up to this weekend? What’s going on? I’m actually going to be in Oklahoma helping my parents move into their new place, which is going to be a lot of fun! I’m excited to see them and be a part of their first few days in the new house. Plus I think it’ll be good for my guys to have a boys’ weekend. 🙂
I hope y’all have a great weekend and enjoy these lovely links while you’re at it!
- 21 pieces of advice for sons. Kinda loved this one and thinking about what Nate would add to tell ours!
- A man experiencing labor pains. Dead. (me, from laughing, not the man from the pain)
- On distracted parenting. I think my biggest takeaway (especially after this week) is to use technology as the tool it is, not a way of life.
- Do you know what’s in your skincare products? It’s worth the time it takes to research it, trust me.
- Um, guilty. But no more after reading this!
- Three things that will make your plants come back to life – and I have all three of them in my hand after the first 30 minutes of every day!
- Seven pieces of legit life-changing financial advice. Yep.
- Killing the phone habit (so needed in light of this week’s lessons in overusing technology).
- “He defines you by Jesus.” Amen.
- Four ways to balance being a working mother. I think #1 is the best one!