So our upstairs A/C has been broken for a week now and I *think* it’s getting fixed today. This is a big deal. See, what happened was at the end of last summer it was kind of on the fritz, and we had a guy come out and he quoted $3,000 for a new A/C unit. And while that sounds super fun, we opted to wait til this year to spring for the crazy price tag…but wait! This spring, when we turned it on (thinking it would just be the fan) the air conditioner was working! Miracle of miracles!
But then this past weekend something happened (we still haven’t been told what…thanks for nothing, Entergy) and our power went out all Saturday afternoon. After it came back on later that night the miraculous air conditioning unit was, in fact, not working again.
Two box fans blowing nonstop and a lot of opening the windows to catch the cooler afternoon breezes later, we are getting it maybe fixed today. I may just opt to sleep up there for the next month to make the price tag worth it!
And while I know that story was very exciting and totally worth your time (not), it really does make me thankful for the things we really take for granted…like working A/C units everywhere we go. God really knew what He was doing when he put me smack dab in the middle of this time period, but no one would have liked me if I existed in a time without air conditioning. Just saying!
What are y’all up to this weekend? We’re going to be doing some fun new things, so follow along on Instagram if you feel so inclined! I hope your weekend is jam-packed with the ones you love, and check out these lovely links while you’re at it!
- “You’ll never completely love any job.” I have to say, I agree with this statement. Even though I really REALLY enjoy my job, it’s not perfect 100% of the time and honestly? That’s how it should be. Nothing in this world is perfect, but that’s how we grow and stretch and adapt!
- 13 life-changing habits to do every single day. Not to make your to-do list even longer, but these are pretty good!
- 5 college essays written by high schoolers. One word: WOW.
- This rhubarb upside down cake is stunning and so creative!
- 10 amazing food bloggers and their first posts. I honestly can’t even remember mine…?
- Is the Danish girl really the new French girl? Maybe there’s room in my heart for them both!
- All the things I meant to say when I won Blog of the Year. Love this blogger so much and the way she so candidly shares from her heart.
- A great graduation speech. I needed to hear this when I was graduating, and I needed to hear it today too!
- This salad is making an appearance on my table next week. FO SHO.
- Not that anyone needs to impress me with their clothes, but after looking at this list of the Met Gala outfits…I’m just not. Impressed, that is. Thoughts?