Real life: the start of this week was hard. As much of a vacation from the everyday grind that summer can be, ours has already been jam-packed with lots of stuff. Good stuff, but a lot of it. Wednesday I remember looking at my boys and seeing how exhausted they looked, and decided that the next day (yesterday) we were going to stay home and rest. It was much-needed and brought such refreshment to our family.
This is a weird season for us right now, this transition between preschool and kindergarten. I get choked up at least once a day thinking of my firstborn being in real school 5 days a week. I daily go through my thoughts on homeschooling him versus public school for the sole purpose of keeping him close to me, protected forever. And I know that can’t be his life, but man alive to I want to keep them little forever.
One quick note: tell the people you love that you love them. Life is too short to not share that with the ones who need to hear it. I hope y’all enjoy a fun weekend and these lovely links while you’re at it!
- Super fun baking hacks – I hadn’t thought of a handful of these!
- Love these old photos of Fayetteville’s Farmers Market.
- This police dog got fired for being too sweet & friendly. I want it!
- Just more upsides to having kids (besides the fact that they truly are a joy). HA!
- Interesting…you should have asked.
- JUST FEED ME THESE AND TELL ME I’M PRETTY.
- Want to stop sex trafficking? This is a must-read.
- “There’s nothing satisfying or authentic about just trying to avoid failure.” This was a good one.
- Five reasons why you should practice being creative.
- Obsessed with following Chalene Johnson‘s Instagram stories. Love her so much.