- So. Weaning Wes from the swing hasn’t been super easy or fun – suffice to say he’s not pleased. BUT yesterday he slept in his crib for a solid hour and woke up happy, so I’ll take that as a small victory! I’m sure it’ll just keep getting better, but I have to say that the crying the first few times was almost more than I could take. Fingers crossed we’re at a turning point!
- Yesterday his exersaucer arrived! I put it together, cleaned it off and put him in it and so far he really seems to enjoy it. If anything it’s a bunch of new toys and a good way to get him off his back for play time.
- Earlier this week I had a complete and total meltdown. We gave Wes some sweet potatoes right before bedtime and he was having so much fun kicking around in his crib before falling asleep that he ended up making himself throw up. It’s the first time he’s thrown up with real food and it just made me really nervous to feed him solids again. The good news is that he has been fine ever since!
- Speaking of cribs, Wes is now too long to fit in his crib width-wise. I can’t believe how huge he’s getting – it was less than 5 months ago that he was just about to be born!
- I’m *hoping* to get a review up of Insanity soon – I know I keep promising that and totally failing to deliver, but the days just fly away from me and let’s be honest: I kind of space on it. In short I’m still really enjoying it and still recommend it for non-beginner exercisers.
- I can’t believe it’s the end of July, that August is around the corner and that Fall is officially almost here. It feels like just yesterday that I was craving summer! The time is going crazy fast these days.
- OMG THE OPENING CEREMONIES ARE TONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!! I’m planning on eating good food and then curling up with a box of tissues (maybe a whole pallet of tissues – stocking up for the next 2 weeks) because I’m going to bawl my eyes out. I could blame it on the hormones, but really? It’s just how I am. I cry at just about everything, for just about any reason.
- I’m thinking just for fun I’m going to add up how much it would cost for me to buy my new Pinterest wardrobe but every time I start I just get depressed. Apparently homegirl has expensive taste – good thing my actual wardrobe consists of workout clothes. And by good I mean good for me, not necessarily the rest of the general public.
- I can’t wait til the day that Wes is big enough for Nate and I to feel comfortable taking naps as a family. Being snuggled by my two guys sounds like a dream; throw the dogs in there too and that’s my heaven!