I’m about to ROCK YOUR BREAKFAST WORLD, y’all, but first I’m going to need you to see this post on exactly how I make my own vanilla bean yogurt at home. I know it seems out of the ordinary and maybe even a little intimidating, but I promise it’s not! HOWEVER if you’re not in the mood/don’t have the time then store-bought vanilla yogurt (I recommend Siggi’s Vanilla!) will work just fine.
In typical Heather fashion I’ve started to become bored to tears with my breakfast routine. I always find something I love then run it into the ground. Not to mention that my forever go-to, smoothies, either don’t sound good on cold mornings or I don’t feel like sharing with a certain smoothie-stealing toddler.
Also, does that make me a bad mom? I feel like Joey on Friends when he yells and says he doesn’t share food. But for real, I don’t like sharing my smoothies. #mommydoesntsharefood
There are a few things that I look for when I’m eating breakfast:
- Easy. HAS TO BE done and ready to eat in 5 minutes or less.
- Filling. I never know when I’ll be able to eat again, so breakfast has to fill me up.
- Transportable. Sometimes I have to eat while I’m driving my kids to school. While I don’t recommend a bowl for this, a large coffee mug does the trick so I can eat at stoplights!
- Not a lot of sugar. Mama doesn’t process that stuff the same anymore.
- Delicious. Does this need an explanation? No one likes crappy food!
I love every single bit of this bowl, and the best part about it is that you could really use any fruit you have on hand. No pears? Middle of summer? Peaches are fantastic! Blueberries are always a good choice, but fresh in-season strawberries are nothing short of divine. Play with your food – I guarantee you’ll find something you love!
One last note: toast your nuts in batches and store them in an airtight container to make this even easier to throw together!
I hope you guys enjoy this bowl as much as I have!
CINNAMON NUT PEAR CRUMBLE YOGURT BOWL
- 3/4 cup vanilla bean yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats (old fashioned rolled oats work fine too)
- 1/2 cup chopped pears (or fruit of choice)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Layer the ingredients in a bowl and enjoy!
- (not totally rocket science) 🙂